|Location||130 William Street|
Manhattan, New York City
|Address||130 William Street|
|Roof||800 ft (240 m)|
|Design and construction|
130 William is a residential high-rise tower currently under development in the Financial District of Manhattan. The building is being developed by Lightstone and was designed by Ghanaian architect Sir David Adjaye.
Lightstone purchased the former 12-story office building at 130 William Street in May 2014 for $60 million after the previous owner defaulted on a mortgage from East West Bank. Eight months later, the company unveiled Hill West Architects' plans for a 50-story tall mixed-use building that would reach a height of 581 feet (177 m) and contain a hotel and 188 apartments. However, new plans filed in early 2017 removed the hotel portion and increased the building's size to its current height.
In March 2017, the project secured $305 million in financing and began construction. Facade installation began in October 2018. The building topped-out in May 2019. 130 William has also been recognized as the fastest selling luxury condominium development in New York City in 2018 and 2019.
Architecture and design
130 William's custom hand-cast façade features large-scale arched windows and bronzed detailing. It will rise approximately 800 feet (240 m) tall at 66 stories and will consist of 242 residences and over 22,000 square feet (2,000 m2) of amenities. The building will also incorporate a new public plaza park, also designed by Adjaye, as well as over 20,000 square feet (1,900 m2) of retail, both located at the building's base.
130 William is adjacent to the Fulton Center transit hub of the New York City Subway. The building is also immediately adjacent to Tribeca, South Street Seaport, the Brooklyn Bridge, as well as some of New York City's top restaurants and elite shopping and cultural venues.
- "130 William Street".
- "130 William Street #51C". Streeteasy. May 16, 2019.
- Samtani, Hiten (May 16, 2014). "Lightstone buys 130 William St. for $60M". The Real Deal. Retrieved June 24, 2019.
- Hofmann, Tess (March 24, 2015). "Lightstone plans 50-story building in FiDi". The Real Deal. Retrieved June 24, 2019.
- Wilson, Reid (January 4, 2017). "Lightstone Group Tests Waters For 244-Unit Condominium Tower At 130 William Street, Financial District". New York Yimby. Retrieved June 24, 2019.
- Gourarie, Chava (March 10, 2017). "Lightstone lands $305M loan for proposed FiDi condo tower". The Real Deal. Retrieved June 24, 2019.
- Nelson, Andrew (15 October 2018). "Façade Installation Starts For David Adjaye's 66-Story 130 William Street In The Financial District". YIMBY. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "130 William, Sir David Adjaye's first NYC building, tops out at 66 stories". www.cityrealty.com. Retrieved 2019-05-21.
- "David Adjaye's first NYC skyscraper in FiDi tops out at 800 feet". 6sqft. Retrieved 2019-05-21.
- "Sales launch at David Adjaye's first NYC skyscraper in FiDi, from $780K". 6sqft. Retrieved 2019-05-21.
- "Progress, pricing and new renderings for David Adjaye's 130 William Street skyscraper". 6sqft. Retrieved 2019-05-21.
- Flamer, Keith. "A Peek Inside Architect Sir David Adjaye's First Skyscraper". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-05-21.