Mmuseumm is a modern natural history museum located in lower Manhattan in New York City, dedicated to its signature curatorial style of "Object Journalism" and draws parallels to the older cabinet of curiosities model.
The Mmuseumm was founded by Alex Kalman and the Safdie brothers. It curates its content and locations by "seasons", reflective of its original summer hours, and has called two locations on Cortlandt Alley between Franklin Street and White Street, sometimes known as Mmuseumm Alley, home. Mmuseumm is dedicated to the curation and exhibition of contemporary artifacts to illustrate the modern world.
Mmuseumm's first wing, Mmuseumm 1, opened in 2012 in a former elevator shaft. The second wing, Mmuseumm 2, opened in 2015 three doors down. The museum, which totals 36 square feet, is accessible 24 hours a day via peepholes in its door.
- "Collections from, and about, the". Retrieved 2016-08-10.
- Wyman, Annie Julia (2014-11-10). "Cabinet of Wonder". Retrieved 2021-10-21.
- Barron, James (21 April 2019). "This Tiny Museum Fits Inside an Elevator Shaft" – via NYTimes.com.
- Reid, Hilary (May 28, 2015). "An Artist Recreates Her Mother's All-White-Everything Closet". Retrieved October 7, 2019.
- Robbins, Liz (2013-08-09). "Museum, All 60 Square Feet of It, Celebrates the Eccentric". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- Jr, Ralph Gardner (1 June 2015). "Tiny Downtown Museum Expands With New Exhibit" – via www.wsj.com.
- Heller, Steven (2014-05-22). "A 'Mindblowing' 80-Square-Foot Museum of Random Junk". Retrieved 2021-10-21.
- NYC-ARTS Full Episode: September 17, 2015 (video). THIRTEEN - New York Public Media. Retrieved 2015-11-26.
- Seen in NY: Mmuseumm (video). Vialogues. Retrieved 2015-11-26.
- Chernick, Karen (2020-06-07). "NYC's Tiniest Museum Releases a Jumbo Catalog of Exhibitions Once Planned for 2020". Retrieved 2021-10-21.
- Semuels, Alana. "Tiny museum in New York showcases everyday objects". latimes.com.
Media related to Mmuseumm at Wikimedia Commons